The core development team is proud to announce the availabilty of Zikula Core 1.4.4.
Zikula Core 1.4.4 is available as of today, 08 December, 2016.
Here is a list of the most important changes:
- ExtMenu and MenuTree blocks are deprecated and will not be refactored to Twig/Core-2.0.
- All System plugins and Module plugins and the systems supporting them are deprecated.
- System plugins should be replaced by Bundles and added to the kernel manually.
- Module plugins should be replaced by tagged services.
- Fixed errors in PageLock module (#3089 - #3096).
- Fixed disabling mailer (setting to debug mode) (#3100, #3107).
- Fixed several regressions in SecurityCenter module.
- Fixed problem in DataUtil::formatForDisplayHTML for proper handling of data- * attributes.
- Fixed some problems with the Zikula Symfony Translator (#3161, #3117).
- Fixed issue where upgrader also showed partial theme (#3087).
- Fixed many issues with translation in the Core installer and upgrader (#2919, #3192).
- Fixed issue with using permissions to hide blocks (#3200).
- Fixed possible jcss vulnerability in Windows environment (#3237).
- Block access to possibly malicious vendor demo file (#3260, #3261).
- Fixed broken validation of duplicate user names during registration (#3256, #3263).
- Lost password functionality has been simplified to work without an additional (confusing) confirmation step (#1781, #3178).
- Added new core module: MenuModule for implementing menus of any kind (#3082).
- Added Asset merger feature for twig themes (#2912, #3138).
- Added validation of extension composer files (#2669, #3151).
- LegalModule updated to Core-2.0 Spec.
- ProfileModule updated to Core-2.0 Spec.
See the changelog for all the changes.
Zikula Core 1.4 is intended as a transition release between the very popular 1.3.x series and Zikula Core 2.0.0. While maintaining nearly 100% backward-compatibility, Core-1.4 lays the foundations of Symfony, Doctrine, Bootstrap, Font-Awesome, jQuery and Twig which will be the basis of future development. A new namespaced module structure is established that will be the new standard for 2.0.0 extensions as well as providing many new tools and features to make your site exceptional.
As always, please report all bugs, concerns and feature requests to our issue tracker on Github. If you don't want to create a GitHub account, don't hesitate to ask in the comments or forums at our website.Zikula_Core-1.4.4.build182-checksums.txtZikula_Core-1.4.4.build182.tar.gzZikula_Core-1.4.4.build182.zip